The expert SILVA compass with a global needle! The Expedition Global is for experienced users and professionals. It is high performing when it comes to accuracy, precision and durability. The global needle also makes the compass flexible and possible to use all around the world.
If you are in need of a compass with high-end features to use anywhere in the world, the Expedition Global should be your choice. The compass comes with a slope card and a distance lanyard.
Expedition Global features rubber grip for easy handling, a clinometer for measuring slope angle and comes with a built-in adjuster for magnetic declination. It also features map-measuring in mm, inches and GPS scales of 1:24k, 1:25k, 1:40k and 1:50k.
The baseplate has a curved-up at the back-end for perfect fit in the hand, magnifying lens and rubber friction feet for precision map work. The distinct arrow and scales/markings in a clear contemporary font combined with lots of transparency in the baseplate makes navigating easier – when activated in light the luminous markings and graduation ring enable night time navigation. The red/black north south lines in the capsule bottom ensure easy and safe settling. The needle is made from finest Swedish steel with high quality magnetic features.
USE EXPEDITION GLOBAL ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD
If you plan to use your compass in different parts of the world it is important to know that the magnetic zones will have effect on your compass. Most compasses work in only one of the world’s three zones and if you use your compass in the wrong zone it will show the wrong north. This compass model has a global needle and can be used in all three zones – you can bring it anywhere in the world.
The slope card is great both for detecting avalanche risk and for determining how challenging your journey will be. By knowing the slope you can also judge any extra distance that you need to go due to the slope. Always take caution in steep terrain. The risk of avalanches increase if the slope is steeper than 30 degrees. The slope card will help you detect this risk.
This compass model is equipped with a detachable scale lanyard that works like a ruler. The scale lanyard has two scales on it; 1:25, and 1:50, which makes it easier to measure the distance of your hike. Since its soft and bendable it’s easy to place directly on to your route on the map when you are out in the terrain – or when you are planning for your next adventure.
- Global needle. Enables navigation in all magnetic zones
- Slope card. Measure avalanche risk, slopes and extra distance
- Detachable distance lanyard with scales to measure longer distances
- Map measuring scales; mm, inch, GPS scales 1:24, 1:25, 1:40 and 1:50
- Rotatable housing – use with the SILVA 1-2-3 System®
- Magnifying lens for precision map work
- Rubber grip – easy handling
- Rubber friction feet - improved grip against map
- Built in permanent adjuster for magnetic declination
- Luminous markings that enables night navigation
- Robust material that withstands tough treatment and conditions
- For advanced users and professionals
- Nato Stock Number (NSN) - 6605-64-000-2869