Before we could build the best wading boots ever made, we had to define the word “best.” After much collaboration with our designers, ambassadors and anglers from around the world, not to mention countless hours of in-the-water research, here’s what we came up with: The best wading boots need to be ultracomfortable and supportive for long days in heavy water. They should grip subsurface terrain, muddy trails and the occasional cross-stream log. They must drain quickly and avoid holding excess water. And on top of being tough as nails, they need a lifetime measured in decades. Finally, as we all agreed, not looking like Frankenstein boots would also be a plus. Once we knew exactly what we wanted, the world-renowned Danner Boots came into the frame. We combined our fly-fishing experience with Danner’s legendary quality and craftsmanship to create a wading boot beyond all others—each one proudly made by hand (with imported parts) in Portland, Oregon. Their flexible, waterproof, full-grain leather provides foot-conforming comfort, support and protection, while stitchdown construction creates a wide, stable base that’s easily resoled when the need arises. The adjustable lacing system has traditional eyelets across the forefoot and speed lacing through the ankle; the speed lacing provides easy tightening, supports the ankle when wading on uneven surfaces and helps lock the heel in place. And speaking of soles, when we say, “sticky rubber,” we mean sticky, as in Vibram® Idrogrip, which compresses into the natural nooks and crannies of submerged rock for serious grip. They’re the best boots we’ve ever made, and we believe they’re the last ones you’ll ever need to buy. Soles accept studs for additional traction.
- Durable, waterproof, full-grain leather with a PFC-free tanning process for improved resistance to breakdown, even in salt water; leather can be reconditioned
- Tough 1,000-denier nylon paneling provides excellent abrasion resistance
- Lacing system has eyelets across forefoot and speed lacing through the ankle; top single hook for easy on/off; hardware is nylon coated for corrosion resistance
- Perforated drains on both sides of boot upper clear water quickly; for faster dry times, upper design is free from unnecessary foams and backers
- Stitchdown construction creates a wider platform for more stability, helps protect the boot sidewall and allows the boots to be resoled by Danner®
- Molded bi-fit board combines the shank, lasting board and midsole into a single piece that reduces weight without sacrificing comfort and support
- Vibram® Idrogrip sole developed for maximum grip on wet surfaces and all-around traction for long approaches and mixed streambed footing; sole accepts studs
- 1,950 g (68.8 oz)
Upper: full-grain leather with 1,000-denier 100% nylon paneling.
Lining: 67% polyester/33% nylon.
Top midsole: 8IR rubber.
Lower midsole: polyether polyurethane.
Outsole: Vibram® Idrogrip